Faust - Faust Wakes Nosferatu
|Genre:||Electronic, Rock, Non Music, Stage & Screen|
|Title:||Faust Wakes Nosferatu|
Klangbad – FLI 5,
Klangbad – none
Type: Vinyl, LP, Album CD, Album Box Set, Compilation, Limited Edition, Numbered, signed
Date of released: 1998
Category: Electronic, Rock, Non-Music, Stage & Screen
Style: Noise, Score, Avantgarde, Experimental, Krautrock
|MP3 album size .rar:||1764 mb|
|APE album size .rar:||1888 mb|
|Digital formats:||MP3 FLAC MP1 VOX MOD MMF XM TTA ADX|
- 1764 downloads at 53 mb/s
RAR archive MP3 format
- 1888 downloads at 43 mb/s
RAR archive FLAC format
|A3||Ellen (Cry For)||0:34|
|A4||Wehmut Und Ekstase||4:57|
|1||Aufbruch Nach Rumänien||21:53|
|4||Kampf Der Mächte||5:27|
|5||Das Unheil Breitet Sich Aus||12:05|
- Copyright (c) – Werner Diermaier
- Copyright (c) – Hans Joachim Irmler
- Copyright (c) – Faust
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Klangbad
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Think Progressive
- Produced At – Southend Studios
- Cover – Thomas E. Martin
- Drums, Voice, Other [Master Of Ceremony] – Werner "Zappi" Diermaier* (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Guitar [Alien Landscape Guitar] – Steven Wray Lobdell (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Guitar [Shift Guitar], Drone [Drones] – Thomas E. Martin (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Mixed By [Live Mix] – Bruno Gephard* (tracks: A1 to B3), Maggie Thomas (tracks: A1 to B3, 1 to 6)
- Organ [Stun Organ] – Hans Joachim Irmler (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Performer [Musician] – Hans Joachim Irmler (tracks: A1 to B3), Lars Paukstat (tracks: A1 to B3), Michael Stoll (tracks: A1 to B3), Steven Wray Lobdell (tracks: A1 to B3), Thomas E. Martin (tracks: A1 to B3), Werner Diermaier (tracks: A1 to B3)
- Photography By – Claudio Hils
- Producer – Hans Joachim Irmler (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Producer [Post Production] – Hans Joachim Irmler (tracks: A1 to B3, 1 to 6)
- Producer [Postproduction] – Norman Meiritz (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Written-By [All Titles] – Faust (tracks: 1 to 6)
- Zither, Percussion [Labyrinth Percussion] – Lars Paukstat (tracks: 1 to 6)
NotesThe "Faust Wakes Nosferatu" live soundtrack recording was split over 2 completely different releases with the same title. To get the complete work you need to have both the CD and LP releases. This box set includes both of these.
a live interpretation of F.W. Murnau's film Nosferatu
klangbad & Think Progressive 1997
Nosferatu, the classic silent movie by F.W. Murnau painted with musical colour by the German Tyrannosaurus Rex faust.
This symphony of horror is also a symphony of confusion and even goes beyond the end of the film as does Nosferatu himself.
Minimalist, incomparably compact and complex, beautiful spanned arcs full of mysticism with, in apparent contradiction, sequences of hard industrial rock.
A musical experience like the film:
"Tönt das Wort dich nicht an, wie der mitternächtliche Ruf des Totenvogels?"
(Does not the word sound unto you like the midnight call of the death bird?)
(from the liner notes)
The Box is made of black linen cardboard with a strip of black paper glued to it, reading (in white letters) "faust".
The LP version contains different material than the CD version. Double gatefold cover, 180g vinyl.
The CD with cardboard sleeve is attached onto the middle of a 12"x12" cardboard.
Included in this Box are also 6 colour prints on 12"x12" cardboard with images from the live performance, separated by thin papers.
Plus two 12"x12" inserts with the same liner notes, one signed by "HansJoachimIrmler", "(unknown/unreadable)" and "ZAPPI". The second insert, printed identical, has the number of the issue: XXX/200 and another signature from Claudio Hils (Photographer).
Copies without the signed insert also exist, these were signed with white ink on front of the black box.
Limited edition of 200 numbered copies.
(C) W. Diermaier and H.J. Irmler, 1998
(P) Klangbad and Think Progressive, 1998
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (LP Side A): MS 0173-A
- Matrix / Runout (LP Side B): MS 0173-B
- Mastering SID Code (CD - Mirrored): IFPI L123
- Mould SID Code (CD): IFPI 7004
- Matrix / Runout (CD - Mirrored): C8173 SS97-510
- Rights Society (CD): GEMA
- Label Code (CD): LC 2160