The Move - The Best Of The Move
|Title:||The Best Of The Move|
A&M Records – SP-3625
Type: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation, Pitman Press, Gatefold
Date of released: May 1974
Style: Pop Rock, Psychedelic Rock
|MP3 album size .rar:||1810 mb|
|APE album size .rar:||1734 mb|
|Digital formats:||MP3 FLAC MPC MP2 ADX TTA MMF AAC WMA|
- 1810 downloads at 53 mb/s
RAR archive MP3 format
- 1734 downloads at 43 mb/s
RAR archive FLAC format
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||Kilroy Was Here||2:43|
|A3||(Here We Go Round) The Lemon Tree||3:00|
Written-By – B. Post-D. Post*
|A5||Walk Upon The Water||3:24|
|A6||Flowers In The Rain||2:29|
Written-By – Don Stevenson, Jerry Miller
|B2||Zing Went The Strings Of My Heart
Written-By – James Hanley*
|B3||The Girl Outside||2:54|
|B5||Mist On A Monday Morning||2:31|
|B6||Cherry Blossom Clinic||2:31|
|C1||Night Of Fear||2:15|
|C3||I Can Hear The Grass Grow||3:07|
|C4||Wave Your Flag And Stop The Train||2:56|
Written-By – David Morgan*
|D1||Wild Tiger Woman||2:40|
|D4||This Time Tomorrow
Written-By – David Morgan*
|D5||Lightning Never Strikes Twice
Written-By – Mike Tyler , Rick Price
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Record Company – A&M Records, Inc.
- Published By – TRO-Essex Music, Inc.
- Published By – Hill & Range Songs, Inc.
- Published By – Elvis Presley Music
- Published By – TRO-Hampshire House Publishing Corp.
- Published By – After You Pub.
- Published By – Tro-Essex Music International, Inc.
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – Tro-Andover Music, Inc.
- Published By – Mainstay Music Inc.
- Published By – Chappell & Co., Inc.
- Art Direction – Roland Young
- Bass – Carl Wayne (tracks: C6 to D5)
- Bass, Vocals – Rick Price (tracks: D3 to D6)
- Coordinator [Album Coordination] – Bob Garcia , Jim Bickhart
- Drums, Liner Notes – Bev Bevan
- Guitar, Bass, Vocals – Ace Kefford (tracks: A1 to C5), Trevor Burton (tracks: A1 to D2)
- Guitar, Piano, Vocals – Jeff Lynne (tracks: D6)
- Guitar, Vocals – Roy Wood
- Liner Notes – Jim Bickhart
- Producer – Denny Cordell (tracks: A1 to D1), Jimmy Miller (tracks: D2), Mike Hurst (tracks: D3, D4), Roy Wood (tracks: D5, D6)
- Remastered By – Frank DeLuna
- Vocals – Bev Bevan (tracks: A1 to D2, D6), Carl Wayne (tracks: A1 to C5)
- Written-By – Roy Wood (tracks: A1 to A3, A5, A6, B1, B3 to C4, C6 to D3, D6)
NotesColumbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman pressing denoted by "P1" & "P2" etches in runouts.
US 2LP compilation including the band's complete first UK album, The Move - Move (A1 to B6), plus all non-album single and EP tracks until the time of their 2nd full-length, The Move - Shazam, in early 1970 (C1 to D6).
Album title appears as "The Best of the Move" on sleeve front & spine, and as "First Move" on center labels.
C1 to C4 originally released on Deram Records (Deram).
D6 would eventually appear as an album track on The Move - Looking On, in late 1970.
A3 to A6, and B1 to B3 are stereo album tracks. D5 and D6 are stereo single versions. The rest are mono single versions.
Sleeve Text (back cover):
Special Thanks to Bev Bevan, David Platz, Jerry Moss, Don Arden, Sarah Fry, PRM and all those whose support over the years made this album possible.
Publishing Credits (center labels, in order of 1st appearance):
TRO-Essex Music, Inc. - A1 to A3, A6, B6, C1 to C4
Hill & Range Songs, Inc. / Elvis Presley Music - A4
TRO-Hampshire House Pub. Corp. - A5
After You Pub. - A7
TRO-Essex Music Int'l. Inc - B1, B3 to B5, C6 to D3, D6
Warner Bros. Music - B2
TRO-Andover Music, Inc. - C3
Mainstay Music, Inc. - D4
Chappel & Co. Inc. - D5
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix, Side A): SP-3649
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix, Side B): SP-3650
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix, Side C): SP-3651
- Matrix / Runout (Label Matrix, Side D): SP-3652
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Text, Side A): A&M-SP 3649-P1 V : A̶&̶M̶ ̶S̶P̶ ̶3̶5̶5̶7̶ ̶P̶1̶
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Text, Side B): A&M SP 3650-P1 P A̶&̶M̶ ̶S̶P̶ ̶3̶5̶5̶8̶ ̶P̶1̶
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Text, Side C): A&M SP 3651-P1 P A̶&̶M̶ ̶S̶P̶ ̶3̶5̶5̶9̶ ̶P̶1̶ V2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Text, Side D): P A&M SP 3652 P2 :
- Rights Society (A1 to A3, A5, A6, B1 to D3, D5, D6): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A4, A7, D4): BMI
- Price Code (Spine): 0698
|CD 3625||The Move||The Best Of The Move (CD, Comp)||A&M Records||CD 3625||US||1989|
|SP-3625||The Move||The Best Of The Move (2xLP, Album, Comp, Gat)||A&M Records||SP-3625||Canada||1974|
|SP-3625||The Move||The Best Of The Move (2xLP, Album, Comp, Mon)||A&M Records||SP-3625||US||1974|
|SP-3625||The Move||The Best Of The Move (2xLP, Album, Comp, Promo, Gat)||A&M Records||SP-3625||US||1974|